Monday, March 21, 2005:

Glorious Noise

I've gotten two emails now from Glorious Noise Records; the first simply sat in my inbox for weeks, one of those things I intended to get to, until today. They're a new, and small, record label; they can afford to release only a few albums a year. I think a side effect must be that they have to focus on only the albums they think are truly great, instead of putting out a thousand that suck in the hopes that one can be hyped enough to hit it big anyway (in other words, sort of the opposite of most of the RIAA cartel).

Anyway, so I think they've succeeded. Their songs do not suck. Also, they don't care if you put them on mix tapes, or on p2p; in fact, they want you to.

I'm smitten.

Give them a peek; it's worth your time. The Riviera tracks there are country/rock; the Quasar Wut-Wut are all over the map. I think I favor the Quasars, but they're both good IMO.

Riviera and Quasar Wut-Wut both have more mp3s on their sites.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home