Wednesday, November 03, 2004:

I cut myself shaving

Cop Shoot Cop -- It Only Hurts When I Breathe
Right. An illegal unwinnable vastly expensive war under false pretenses, torture of POWs, massive tax cuts to people who least need it, bin Laden uncaptured and gleeful that we're bankrupting ourselves as he had planned, civil liberties being axed right and left while decrying "enemies of freedom," global warming on the march and our government officials ignoring it because they'd hoped for stronger third-quarter returns from Halliburton ... and what most needed correcting was all that talk about gay marriage.

"My goodness, what happened to your nose?"
"I cut myself shaving."
"You ought to be more careful. That must really smart."
"Only when I breathe."

Cop Shoot Cop, towards the end of their run: they've given in and added a guitar player. Their earlier albums were much heavier--two bassists, drums, singer--this one (Release) had a guitarist and even snatches of piano buried in the mix. Sneaky. Like that fundamentalist zealot who thinks he's on a mission from God. Which one? Take your pick.
Cop Shoot Cop fan page
[Amazon.com]

Labels: ,

Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home