Tuesday, November 08, 2005:

a few things

Sunny Brooklyn is a new mp3blog which sprinted out firing. Luckily there's no Brazilian army there to shoot it down. (You gotta love an mp3blog posting tracks from La Haine.)

Backwash has posted an impressive mix of music from horror films. Link's near the bottom, but the descriptions are worth reading too. :-)

The mix CD is continuing apace; I'm still fiddling with the track order but it's essentially done. There should be something on it for nearly everyone, with not much that you've heard before; if you want to guest-review the tracks, email me your snail mail address and I'll send you a copy. John's done this at the Tofu Hut a few times; some commenters are terse, others are expansive; some purely descriptive, others more associative; and three or four reviewers usually gives a nice range of opinions. If you're interested, let me know; I can send the CD as early as this weekend.

I spent the last few days converting the Shanty from a horrible mishmash of non-validating HTML to XHTML 1.0 Transitional. It seems every entry validates now, so that's a step in the right direction. When I'm feeling really bold I'll venture into Webxact reports to increase the site's accessibility.... Which is a curious thing to worry about after capitulating to the spammers and turning on the captchas (making it impossible for anyone using a screen-reading program to comment). (Damn spammers ruin everything.)
Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home