Sunday, March 26, 2006:

The Roots Canal (guest blog): Slim Fatz

Slim Fatz — Southern Christmas
I'd love this guy for his name alone, but he also has his own unique take on the blues. If Tom Waits played slide guitar, this is what it might sound like.

I first heard him on a discount CD I picked up one day called "Red, White & Blues." It's not a very good CD, actually, but it's cheap. I really liked this song, so I looked for him on the Internet. It turns out he's got a couple of CDs out on Second Heaven Records. He also has his own small site with a few songs on it.

It's probably not to everyone's taste, but I like it.

[Red, White & Blues]
Comments:
I like it too.

Do you suppose Slim has a vocal internship under Dr. John?

I found one of his CDs at a store in town that's getting rid of their stock to start selling DVDs instead. Listening to it now; he's got some good stuff on it.

Slim Fatz is slowly becoming the next Delta Legend. He is currently working on a new album with Legendary Music Producer Neal James. Slim' new cd should be out at the end of 2007 or the beginning of 2008. The title of the new album is "The Original Slim". What an incredible sound and what an incredible artist. Slim' website is www.slimfatz.net Check it out and welcome to the blues Slim Fatz style.

Post a Comment



<< Home